
I saw this billboard in dowtown Rondebosch the other day and it made my cynical side chuckle. I know it is supposed to be a serious advertisement to keep people from burning down the landscape, but the deer with the big doe eyes and the single tear drop running down its face as a raging inferno engulfs its habitat in the background somehow seems a bit much. I have visions of Puss in Boots from Shrek giving his sad eye pose or thoughts of Bambi.
Anyway, for some odd reason, it also got me thinking of songs about "fire" or that are "fire" related. As a result, I have compiled a Top 10 list of such songs. I am sure that I overlooked more obvious and popular choices, so feel free to comment and add your suggestions. It's a tentative list, as the title suggests, and I will probably revise it after I have received some input from others.
Tentative Top 10 Songs about Fire
10. Beds are Burning - Midnight Oil
9. Fire Woman - The Cult
8. Rock of Ages - Def Leppard
7. Heaven's on Fire - Kiss
6. Fire - Bruce Springstein
5. Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
4. Burning Down the House - Talking Heads
3. Fire - Jimmy Hendrix
2. Light My Fire - The Doors
1. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
Songs on the cusp: Wheel in the Sky (Journey), We Didn't Start the Fire (Billy Joel), Burnin' for You (Blue Oyster Cult), The Fireman (George Strait), The Flame (Cheap Trick)
2 comments:
My favorite part is that the deer is crying.
Haha....stupid deer experiencing human emotions.
Girl..who needs a horn when you can make fire engine sounds and go wwwoooooo...wwwoooooooo! Horns are for impatient old people. I am, however, thinking about putting baseball cards in the spokes of the wheels :)
So with Ang...she is big time into marathons and triathlons, but she had a couple of bone spurs on the back of her heel. After about a year of dealing with the pain, she decided it was time to have them removed. In order to remove the bone spurs completely, the doctor had to detach her achilles tendon. The achilles seems to be on the mend, but the incision doesn't seem to be healing. She is trying some antibiotics right now. If that doesn't work, they'll have to do a second surgery to try and fix it. We are both hoping she can avoid the surgery. It is driving her crazy not to be able to run and bike. She's obviously been following your blog, because today she said, "we need to go hiking next year."
Tell guy I'm waiting for any blogging tips he can throw my way!
Post a Comment